dragnet(redirected from Dragnet (disambiguation))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. A system of coordinated procedures for apprehending criminal suspects or other wanted persons.
a. A net for trawling; a trawl.
b. A net for catching small game.
1. (General Engineering) a heavy or weighted net used to scour the bottom of a pond, river, etc, as when searching for something
2. (Law) any system of coordinated efforts by police forces to track down wanted persons
1. a net to be drawn along the bottom of a stream to catch fish, or along the ground for small game.
2. an interlinked system for finding or catching someone.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||dragnet - a system of coordinated measures for apprehending (criminals or other individuals); "caught in the police dragnet"|
|2.||dragnet - a conical fishnet dragged through the water at great depths|