unwritten(redirected from Drop me in the middle)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
1. Not written or recorded: an unwritten agreement between friends.
2. Having authority based on custom, tradition, or usage rather than doctrine: an unwritten law.
3. Not written on; blank.
1. not printed or in writing
2. effective only through custom; traditional
3. without writing upon it
1. not actually formulated or expressed; customary; traditional.
2. not written; not put in writing or print; oral: an unwritten agreement.
3. containing no writing; blank.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||unwritten - based on custom rather than documentation; "an unwritten law"; "rites...so ancient that they well might have had their unwritten origins in Aurignacian times"- J.L.T.C.Spence|
written - systematically collected and written down; "written laws"
|2.||unwritten - using speech rather than writing; "an oral tradition"; "an oral agreement"|
spoken - uttered through the medium of speech or characterized by speech; sometimes used in combination; "a spoken message"; "the spoken language"; "a soft-spoken person"; "sharp-spoken"
|3.||unwritten - said or done without having been planned or written in advance; "he made a few ad-lib remarks"|
unscripted - not furnished with or using a script; "unrehearsed and unscript spot interviews"; "unscripted talk shows"
unwritten[ʌnˈrɪtn] adj (agreement) → tacito/a
it is an unwritten law that ... → la norma vuole che...