Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. eicosapentaenoic acid
2. Environmental Protection Agency
1. (Elements & Compounds) eicosapentaenoic acid: a fatty acid, found in certain fish oils, that can reduce blood cholesterol
2. (Environmental Science) Environmental Protection Agency
1. eicosapentaenoic acid: an omega-3 fatty acid present in fish oils.
2. Environmental Protection Agency.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||EPA - an independent federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment|
independent agency - an agency of the United States government that is created by an act of Congress and is independent of the executive departments