educator(redirected from Educators)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. One trained in teaching; a teacher.
a. A specialist in the theory and practice of education.
b. An administrator of a school or an educational institution.
1. (Professions) a person who educates; teacher
2. (Professions) a specialist in education; educationalist
3. (Professions) (in South Africa) a school teacher
ed•u•ca•tor(ˈɛdʒ ʊˌkeɪ tər)
1. a person who educates, as a teacher, principal, or educational administrator.
2. a specialist in educational theory and methods.
[1560–70; < Latin]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||educator - someone who educates young people |
head teacher, school principal, principal, head - the educator who has executive authority for a school; "she sent unruly pupils to see the principal"
schoolmaster - any person (or institution) who acts as an educator
educator[ˈedjʊkeɪtəʳ] N → educador(a) m/f
(= teacher) → professeur mf
(= educationalist) (mainly US) → éducateur/trice m/f