emotional intelligence

(redirected from Emotional Quotient)
Also found in: Medical, Acronyms.
Related to Emotional Quotient: emotional intelligence

emotional intelligence

n.
Intelligence regarding the emotions, especially in the ability to monitor one's own or others' emotions.

emotional intelligence

n
(Psychology) awareness of one's own emotions and moods and those of others, esp in managing people
Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Utilizing the BarOn EQ-i assessment, the researchers investigated the emotional intelligence of 77 adults who held a rank of first-degree black belt or higher and found the black belt group possessed a higher than average total emotional quotient (EQ) than found in the general population and scored higher on all 15 EI subscales.
Is there any relationship between Emotional Quotient and parents and responsibility of students?
Leuner (1966) was the first to use the term emotional intelligence, which appeared in the title of her peer-reviewed article, whereas Bar-On coined the term emotional quotient (EQ) in the first official draft of his doctoral dissertation to describe how he proposed to psychometrically assess this construct (Bar-On, 1988).
Establishing connectivity of emotional quotient (EQ) and spiritual quotient (SQ) with social adjustment: A study of Kashmiri migrant women.
Through statistical analysis showed an overall significant effect of gender on emotional quotient (Sutarso, 1999).
The pre-and posttest data demonstrated little significant change in female students' emotional quotient above the mean.
In fact research suggests that only 20 per cent of what makes people perform well at work is due to IQ, the other 80 per cent is due to the emotional quotient.
There are individuals who are very intelligent, with what may be called high Intelligence Quotient (IQ) but whose Emotional Quotient (EQ) is rather low.
The 1959 edition was seen as one hell of a gripping film, each frame captivating viewers with its strong emotional quotient and a storyline which had all the masala of a great, great drama.
Imagine The Hulk , the angry green comic superhero, but with a strong emotional quotient.