Episcopalian(redirected from Episcopaleans)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to Episcopaleans: Ecusa
1. Of, relating to, or belonging to the Episcopal Church.
2. episcopalian Of or advocating church government by bishops.
(Ecclesiastical Terms) practising or advocating the principle of Church government by bishops
(Ecclesiastical Terms) an advocate of such Church government
(Ecclesiastical Terms) belonging to or denoting the Episcopal Church
(Ecclesiastical Terms) a member or adherent of this Church
E•pis•co•pa•lian(ɪˌpɪs kəˈpeɪl yən, -ˈpeɪ li ən)
1. pertaining or adhering to the Episcopal Church; Episcopal.
2. (l.c.) pertaining or adhering to the episcopal form of church government.n.
3. a member of the Episcopal Church.
4. (l.c.) an adherent of episcopal church government.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Episcopalian - a member of the Episcopal church|
Protestant Episcopal Church, Episcopal Church - United States church that is in communication with the see of Canterbury
Protestant - an adherent of Protestantism
|Adj.||1.||Episcopalian - of or pertaining to or characteristic of the Episcopal church; "the Episcopal hierarchy"; "married by an Episcopalian minister"|
adj → épiscopalien(ne)
n (= church member) → membre mf de l'Église épiscopalienne