Ethiopian(redirected from Ethiopians)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Of or relating to Ethiopia or its peoples or cultures.
2. Of or relating to the Afrotropical biogeographic region.
1. A native or inhabitant of Ethiopia.
2. A person of Ethiopian ancestry.
1. (Languages) of, relating to, or characteristic of Ethiopia, its people, or any of their languages
2. (Peoples) of, relating to, or characteristic of Ethiopia, its people, or any of their languages
3. (Placename) of, relating to, or characteristic of Ethiopia, its people, or any of their languages
4. (Biology) of or denoting a zoogeographical region consisting of Africa south of the Sahara
5. (Peoples) anthropol obsolete of or belonging to a postulated racial group characterized by dark skin, an oval elongated face, and thin lips, living chiefly in Africa south of the Sahara
6. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Ethiopia
7. (Languages) any of the languages of Ethiopia, esp Amharic
(Peoples) an archaic word for Black
E•thi•o•pi•an(ˌi θiˈoʊ pi ən)
1. of or pertaining to Ethiopia or to its inhabitants.
2. belonging to the part of Africa south of the equator.
3. belonging to a zoogeographical division comprising Africa south of the tropic of Cancer, the southern part of the Arabian Peninsula, and Madagascar.
4. Archaic. black African.n.
5. a native or inhabitant of Ethiopia.
6. Archaic. a black African.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Ethiopian - a native or inhabitant of Ethiopia |
Abyssinia, Ethiopia, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Yaltopya - Ethiopia is a republic in northeastern Africa on the Red Sea; formerly called Abyssinia
African - a native or inhabitant of Africa
Amhara - a member of the Semitic speaking people of northern Ethiopia
Eritrean - a native or inhabitant of Eritrea
|Adj.||1.||Ethiopian - of or relating to or characteristic of Ethiopia or its people or languages; "Ethiopian immigrants"|
người Ethiopiathuộc nước/người/tiếng Ethiopia