Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
E·ven·ki(ĭ-wĕng′kē, ĭ-vĕng′-) also E·wen·ki (ĭ-wĕng′kē)
n. pl. Evenki or E·ven·kis also Ewenki or E·wen·kis
1. A member of a people inhabiting a large area of eastern Siberia in Russia and northern Nei Monggol (Inner Mongolia) in China.
2. The Tungusic language of the Evenki. In both senses also called Tungus.
[Russian, Evenki people, from Evenki ə´wənkī.]
1. (Peoples) a Tungus people of E Siberia
2. (Languages) the language of this people
E•ven•ki(ɪˈwɛŋ ki, ɪˈvɛŋ-)
n., pl. -kis, (esp. collectively) -ki for 1.
1. a member of a people of central and SE Siberia and adjacent parts of Mongolia and NE China.
2. the Tungusic language of the Evenki.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Evenki - a member of the people inhabiting an area of northern Mongolia and eastern Siberia|
|2.||Evenki - the Tungusic language of the Evenki in eastern Siberia|