Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
a. A native or inhabitant of Fiji.
b. A person of Fijian ancestry.
2. The Austronesian language of Fiji.
Of or relating to Fiji or its people, language, or culture.
1. (Peoples) a member of the indigenous people of mixed Melanesian and Polynesian descent inhabiting Fiji
2. (Languages) the language of this people, belonging to the Malayo-Polynesian family
3. (Placename) of, relating to, or characteristic of Fiji or its inhabitants
4. (Peoples) of, relating to, or characteristic of Fiji or its inhabitants
Fi•ji•an(ˈfi dʒi ən, fɪˈdʒi ən)
a. a member of the Melanesian people of Fiji.
b. the Austronesian language or group of languages spoken by this people.
2. any native or inhabitant of Fiji.adj.
3. of or pertaining to Fiji, its inhabitants, or their language.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Fijian - a native or inhabitant of Fiji |
Fiji, Republic of Fiji - an independent state within the British Commonwealth located on the Fiji Islands
Polynesian - a native or inhabitant of Polynesia
|2.||Fijian - the Oceanic language spoken on Fiji|
|Adj.||1.||Fijian - of or relating to Fiji or its people or language or culture; "the Fijian population"; "Fijian folktales"|