Filipino(redirected from Fillipino)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
n. pl. Fil·i·pi·nos
a. A native or inhabitant of the Philippines.
b. A person of Filipino ancestry.
2. The Austronesian language that is based on Tagalog, draws its lexicon from other Philippine languages, and is the official language of the Philippines.
Of or relating to the Philippines or its peoples, languages, or cultures.
[Spanish filipino, from (Islas) Filipinas, Philippine (Islands).]
1. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of the Philippines. Also (feminine): Filipina
2. (Peoples) another name for Tagalog
3. (Languages) another name for Tagalog
4. (Placename) of or relating to the Philippines or their inhabitants
5. (Peoples) of or relating to the Philippines or their inhabitants
Fil•i•pi•no(ˌfɪl əˈpi noʊ)
n., pl. -nos.
a native or inhabitant of the Philippines.
[1895–1900; < Sp, derivative of (las Islas) Filipinas]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Filipino - a native or inhabitant of the Philippines|
Philippines, Republic of the Philippines - a republic on the Philippine Islands; achieved independence from the United States in 1946
aborigine, indigen, indigene, native, aboriginal - an indigenous person who was born in a particular place; "the art of the natives of the northwest coast"; "the Canadian government scrapped plans to tax the grants to aboriginal college students"
Moro - a member of the predominantly Muslim people in the southern Philippines
Tagalog - a member of a people native to the Philippines chiefly inhabiting central Luzon around and including Manila
|2.||Filipino - official language of the Philippines; based on Tagalog; draws its lexicon from other Philippine languages|
Western Malayo-Polynesian - a western subfamily of Malayo-Polynesian languages
Tagalog - the language of the Tagalog on which Filipino is based
|Adj.||1.||Filipino - of or relating to or characteristic of the Philippines or its people or customs; "the Philippine President"; "our Filipino cook"|
người Philippinethuộc nước/người/tiếng Philippine
1. adj → filippino/a
a. (person) → filippino/a
b. (language) → tagal m