Finn(redirected from Finn (disambiguation))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A native or inhabitant of Finland.
2. A person of Finnish ancestry.
[From Swedish Finne.]
(Biography) Neil (Mullane). born 1958, New Zealand singer and songwriter; lead singer with the group Crowded House (from 1985) with whom he recorded the albums Crowded House (1986), Woodface (1991), and Time on Earth (2007). Solo albums include Try Whistling This (1998)
1. (Peoples) a native, inhabitant, or citizen of Finland
2. (Languages) a speaker of a Finnic language, esp one of the original inhabitants of Russia, who were pushed northwards during the Slav migrations
3. a type of dinghy, designed to be sailed by one person
[Old English Finnas (plural); related to Old Norse Finnr Finn, Latin Fennī the Finns, Greek Phinnoi]
(European Myth & Legend) known as Finn MacCool. (in Irish legend) chief of the Fianna, father of the heroic poet Ossian
1. a native or inhabitant of Finland.
2. a member of a Finnic people who are the principal inhabitants of Finland.
3. a member of any people speaking a Finnic language.
người Phần Lan