microscopy(redirected from Flourescence microscopy)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
n. pl. mi·cros·co·pies
a. The study of microscopes.
b. The use of microscopes.
2. Investigation employing a microscope.
1. (General Physics) the study, design, and manufacture of microscopes
2. (General Physics) investigation by use of a microscope
mi•cros•co•py(maɪˈkrɒs kə pi, ˈmaɪ krəˌskoʊ pi)
1. the use of the microscope.
2. microscopic investigation.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||microscopy - research with the use of microscopes|
research - systematic investigation to establish facts
electron microscopy - microscopy with the use of electron microscopes
dark field illumination, dark ground illumination - a form of microscopic examination of living material by scattered light; specimens appear luminous against a dark background
fluorescence microscopy - light microscopy in which the specimen is irradiated at wavelengths that excite fluorochromes
stain - (microscopy) a dye or other coloring material that is used in microscopy to make structures visible