frat(redirected from Frats)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms.
A college fraternity.
a. a member of a fraternity
b. (as modifier): the frat kid.
fra•ter•ni•ty(frəˈtɜr nɪ ti)
n., pl. -ties.
1. a local or national social organization of male students usu. with secret initiation and rites and a name composed of Greek letters.
2. a group of persons associated by or as if by ties of brotherhood.
3. any group or class of persons having common purposes or interests.
4. an organization of laymen for religious or charitable purposes; sodality.
5. the quality or state of being brotherly; brotherhood.
[1300–50; Middle English < Latin]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||frat - a social club for male undergraduates|
gild, guild, social club, society, club, lodge, order - a formal association of people with similar interests; "he joined a golf club"; "they formed a small lunch society"; "men from the fraternal order will staff the soup kitchen today"
chapter - a local branch of some fraternity or association; "he joined the Atlanta chapter"