duplex(redirected from Full-duplex)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
Related to Full-duplex: Half duplex
1. Twofold; double.
2. Having two apartments, divisions, or floors.
3. Relating to or being a single assembly of machinery having two identical units that are capable of operating simultaneously or independently.
4. Electronics Of or relating to a communications mode, as in a telephone system, that provides simultaneous transmission and reception in both directions.
a. A house divided into two living units or residences, usually having separate entrances.
b. A duplex apartment.
2. Something, such as a communications system, that is duplex.
du·plex′i·ty (-plĕk′sĭ-tē) n.
1. (Architecture) US and Canadian a duplex apartment or house
2. (Chemistry) a double-stranded region in a nucleic acid molecule
3. having two parts
4. (Mechanical Engineering) machinery having pairs of components of independent but identical function
5. (Electronics) permitting the transmission of simultaneous signals in both directions in a radio, telecommunications, or computer channel
[C19: from Latin: twofold, from duo two + -plex -fold]
du•plex(ˈdu plɛks, ˈdyu-)
3. a double-stranded region of DNA.adj.
4. having two parts; double; twofold.
5. pertaining to or noting a telecommunications system, as most telephone systems, permitting the simultaneous transmission of two messages in opposite directions over one channel.v.t.
6. to make duplex; make or change into a duplex.
[1810–20; < Latin: twofold, double]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||duplex - a house with two units sharing a common wall|
house - a dwelling that serves as living quarters for one or more families; "he has a house on Cape Cod"; "she felt she had to get out of the house"
|2.||duplex - an apartment having rooms on two floors that are connected by a staircase|
|Verb||1.||duplex - change into a duplex|
convert - change the nature, purpose, or function of something; "convert lead into gold"; "convert hotels into jails"; "convert slaves to laborers"
|Adj.||1.||duplex - (used technically of a device or process) having two parts; "a duplex transaction"|
multiple - having or involving or consisting of more than one part or entity or individual; "multiple birth"; "multiple ownership"; "made multiple copies of the speech"; "his multiple achievements in public life"; "her multiple personalities"; "a pineapple is a multiple fruit"
|2.||duplex - allowing communication in opposite directions simultaneously; "duplex system"; "duplex telephony"|
telecom, telecommunication - (often plural) systems used in transmitting messages over a distance electronically
bidirectional - reactive or functioning or allowing movement in two usually opposite directions
kuća prizidana s jedne strane
두 채가 한 동을 이루고 있는 집
nhà chung tường