Galician(redirected from Galicians)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Galicians: Galatians
A native or inhabitant of Polish Galicia.
1. A native or inhabitant of Spanish Galicia.
2. The Romance language spoken in Spanish Galicia.
1. (Placename) of or relating to Galicia in E central Europe
2. (Placename) of or relating to Galicia in NW Spain
3. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of either Galicia
4. (Languages) the Romance language or dialect of Spanish Galicia, sometimes regarded as a dialect of Spanish, although historically it is more closely related to Portuguese
Ga•li•ci•an(gəˈlɪʃ ən, -ˈlɪʃ i ən)
1. a native or inhabitant of Galicia in Spain or E Europe.adj.
2. of or pertaining to Galicia or its inhabitants.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Galician - a language spoken in Galicia in northwestern Spain; it is between Portuguese and Spanish but closer to Portuguese; sometimes considered a Portuguese or Spanish dialect|
(in Eastern Europe) → galizisch
(in Spain) → galicisch
(in Eastern Europe) → Galizier(in) m(f)
(in Spain) → Galicier(in) m(f)