Galloway(redirected from Galloway pony)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
A region of southwest Scotland. The Mull of Galloway, a promontory on a peninsula on its southwest coast, is the southernmost point in Scotland.
1. (Placename) an area of SW Scotland, on the Solway Firth: consists of the former counties of Kirkcudbright and Wigtown, now part of Dumfries and Galloway; in the west is a large peninsula, the Rhinns of Galloway, with the Mull of Galloway, a promontory, at the south end of it (the southernmost point of Scotland)
2. (Breeds) a breed of hardy beef cattle, usually black, originally bred in Galloway
1. a historic region in SW Scotland.
2. one of a Scottish breed of beef cattle with a curly black coat.
3. one of a Scottish breed of small strong horses.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Galloway - a district in southwestern Scotland|
Scotland - one of the four countries that make up the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland; located on the northern part of the island of Great Britain; famous for bagpipes and plaids and kilts
|2.||Galloway - breed of hardy black chiefly beef cattle native to Scotland|