gamay(redirected from Gamay Noir à Jus Blanc)
1. A variety of grape grown in France that is used to make red wine, especially Beaujolais.
2. A light red wine made from this grape.
[French, after Gamay, a village of east-central France.]
1. (Brewing) a purple-coloured grape variety native to the Beaujolais region of France
2. (Brewing) the vine on which this grape is grown
3. (Brewing) the wine made from this grape
Ga•may(gæˈmeɪ, ˈgæm eɪ)
1. a grape grown esp. in the Beaujolais region of France and in N California.
2. the dry red wine made from this grape.
[1945–50; < French, after Gamay, a village in St.-Aubin commune (Côte-d'Or), France]