gomer(redirected from Gomers)
Also found in: Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
1. An unsophisticated person; a yokel.
2. A patient considered irksome by a health care provider, especially a patient with chronic complaints that are trivial or unresponsive to repeated treatment.
[After Gomer Pyle, yokel character in the television series The Andy Griffith Show.]
1. (Medicine) a disagreeable hospital patient
2. (Military) military slang an inept colleague or trainee
1. an undesirable hospital patient.
2. an enemy aviator, esp. in a dogfight.
[1965–70; of disputed orig.]