grand duke(redirected from Grand-duke)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A nobleman who is the sovereign of a grand duchy.
2. A son or grandson of a czar in the male line.
3. Used as the title for such a nobleman.
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a prince or nobleman who rules a territory, state, or principality
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a son or a male descendant in the male line of a Russian tsar
3. (Historical Terms) a medieval Russian prince who ruled over other princes
1. the sovereign of a grand duchy, ranking next below a king.
2. a son or grandson of a czar.