gouache(redirected from Guache)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to Guache: gauche
a. A method of painting with opaque watercolors mixed with a preparation of gum.
b. An opaque pigment used when painting in this way.
2. A painting executed in this manner.
1. (Art Terms) Also called: body colour a painting technique using opaque watercolour paint in which the pigments are bound with glue and the lighter tones contain white
2. (Art Terms) the paint used in this technique
3. (Art Terms) a painting done by this method
[C19: from French, from Italian guazzo puddle, from Latin aquātiō a watering place, from aqua water]
1. a technique of painting with opaque watercolors prepared with gum.
2. an opaque color used in this technique.
3. a work painted using gouache.
[1880–85; < French]
(or poster paint) An opaque mixture of watercolor paint and white pigment, as opposed to pure watercolor which employs transparent colors.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||gouache - an opaque watercolor prepared with gum|
|2.||gouache - a watercolor executed with opaque watercolors mixed with gum|