Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n. pl. Gujarati or Gu·ja·ra·tis
1. The Indic language of Gujarat.
2. A native or inhabitant of Gujarat.
Gujarati(ˌɡʊdʒjəˈrɑːtɪ) or Gujerati
1. (Peoples) a member of a people of India living chiefly in Gujarat
2. (Languages) the state language of Gujarat, belonging to the Indic branch of the Indo-European family
3. (Placename) of or relating to Gujarat, its people, or their language
4. (Peoples) of or relating to Gujarat, its people, or their language
5. (Languages) of or relating to Gujarat, its people, or their language
Gu•ja•ra•ti(ˌgʊdʒ əˈrɑ ti, ˌgu dʒə-)
n., pl. -tis.
1. a native or inhabitant of Gujarat.
2. an Indo-Aryan language of Gujarat.adj.
3. of or pertaining to Gujarat, its inhabitants, or the language Gujarati.
[1600–10; < Hindi < Skt Gurjara Gujarat]
|Noun||1.||Gujarati - a member of the people of Gujarat|
Indian - a native or inhabitant of India
|2.||Gujarati - the Indic language spoken by the people of India who live in Gujarat in western India|