hardwood(redirected from HDWD)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
Related to HDWD: SCE
1. The wood of a eudicot or a magnoliid, such as an oak, maple, or magnolia.
2. A eudicot or magnoliid tree.
1. (Forestry) the wood of any of numerous broad-leaved dicotyledonous trees, such as oak, beech, ash, etc, as distinguished from the wood of a conifer
2. (Forestry) any tree from which this wood is obtained
1. the hard, compact wood or timber of various trees, as the oak, cherry, maple, or mahogany.
2. a tree yielding such wood.adj.
3. made or constructed of hardwood.