Halberstadt


Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

Halberstadt

(ˈhælbəˌʃtat)
n
(Placename) a town in central Germany, in Saxony-Anhalt: industrial centre noted for its historic buildings. Pop: 40 014 (2003 est)
References in periodicals archive ?
On this occasion, Stefan Halberstadt - the chief financial officer at Siemens AG (Siemens Aktiengesellschaft) - mentioned that the best performance turbine would be installed for the project.
Boston's Huntington Theatre Company has named local MJ Halberstadt and Brenda Withers as the 2017-19 Huntington Playwriting Fellows.
In the early 1980s, when AIDS was still a new and misunderstood threat, Michael Ward's partner, Mark Halberstadt, contracted the disease.
Bergmann * Susan Berlin Will Clemens * William Doreski Jennifer Dorner * Mac Gay Cynthia Good * Jonathan Greenhause Anna Halberstadt * Peter Hanke Darla Himeles * Wendy Holborow Winifred Hughes * Kathryn Kelly Rich H.
Stefan Halberstadt will make way for the 40-year old executive, and will join the Power and Gas Division's Energy Solutions business unit as CFO, starting 1 August.
Elsewhere in the Saxony-Anhalt region, the RKW site in Halberstadt successfully manufactures hydroentangled spunbond and thermal bonded spunbond nonwovens and is a global technology and innovative leader in the field.
The painting of the church ruins at Halberstadt is undoubtedly one of his most important works, which is reflected in its valuation for the auction at im Kinsky.
At the heart of the parent response was a Facebook page, Montclair Cares About Schools (MCAS), created by Regina Tuma, a mother and professor of media psychology, and Elana Halberstadt, a mother, writer, comedian and artist.
Shannon Roach Halberstadt has been hired as the executive director of Artist Trust.
IN JON GUTTMAN'S article on Canada's First Jewish Ace (Volume 21 Issue 8), the caption on page 35 for the painting incorrectly states that Captain Roy Manzer is tailing a Halberstadt CL.
They then traced it to the Halberstadt excavation, a dig that took place between 1910 and 1927 in the south of Germany.