Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Harrison: Harrison Ford
Har·ri·son 1(hăr′ĭ-sən), Benjamin 1726-1791.
American Revolutionary leader who served as a member of the Continental Congress (1774-1777) and was also governor of Virginia (1782-1784).
Har·ri·son 2(hăr′ĭ-sən), Benjamin 1833-1901.
The 23rd president of the United States (1889-1893). The first Pan-American Conference took place (1889) during his administration.
Harrison, George 1943-2001.
British singer and songwriter who was lead guitarist with the Beatles. His best-known compositions include "Here Comes the Sun" (1969) and "My Sweet Lord" (1971).
Harrison, Peter 1716-1775.
British-born American architect noted as the designer of King's Chapel in Boston and Christ Church in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Harrison, Sir Reginald Carey Known as "Rex." 1908-1990.
British actor best remembered for his portrayal of Professor Henry Higgins in the Broadway musical and film versions of My Fair Lady, for which he was awarded a Tony Award (1957) and an Academy Award (1964).
William Henry Harrison
Harrison, William Henry 1773-1841.
The ninth president of the United States (1841). He died of pneumonia after one month in office.
1. (Biography) Benjamin. 1833–1901, 23rd president of the US (1889–93)
2. (Biography) George. 1943–2001, British rock singer, guitarist, and songwriter: a member of the Beatles (1962–70). His solo recordings include All Things Must Pass (1970) and Cloud Nine (1987)
3. (Biography) Rex (Carey). 1908–90, British actor. His many films include Major Barbara (1940), Blithe Spirit (1945), and My Fair Lady (1964)
4. (Biography) Tony. born 1937, British poet, dramatist, and translator: best known for his poems for television and his translations for the stage
5. (Biography) grandfather of Benjamin, William Henry. 1773–1841, 9th president of the US (1841)
Har•ri•son(ˈhær ə sən)
1. Benjamin, 1833–1901, 23rd president of the U.S. 1889–93 (grandson of William Henry Harrison).
2. William Henry, 1773–1841, 9th president of the U.S. 1841.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Harrison - English actor on stage and in films (1908-1990)|
|2.||Harrison - English rock star; lead guitarist of the Beatles (1943-2001)|
Beatles - a rock group from Liverpool who between 1962 and 1970 produced a variety of hit songs and albums (most of them written by Paul McCartney and John Lennon)
|3.||Harrison - 23rd President of the United States (1833-1901)|
|4.||Harrison - 9th President of the United States; caught pneumonia during his inauguration and died shortly after (1773-1841)|