hatchet man(redirected from Hatchetman)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial.
1. A man hired to commit murder.
2. One assigned to carry out a ruthless task or a vicious or unscrupulous order.
1. a person carrying out unpleasant assignments for an employer or superior
2. US and Canadian a hired murderer
3. a severe or malicious critic
1. a professional murderer.
2. a writer or speaker who specializes in defamatory attacks.
3. a person who executes unpleasant tasks for a superior.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||hatchet man - a professional killer|
|2.||hatchet man - one whose job it is to execute unpleasant tasks for a superior|