Hawaiian(redirected from Hawairian)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Ha·wai·ianor Ha·wai'·ian (hə-wä′yən)
a. A Native Hawaiian.
b. A native or inhabitant of the Hawaiian Islands or the state of Hawaii.
2. The Polynesian language of Hawaii.
1. (Placename) of or relating to Hawaii, its people, or their language
2. (Peoples) of or relating to Hawaii, its people, or their language
3. (Languages) of or relating to Hawaii, its people, or their language
4. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Hawaii, esp one descended from Melanesian or Tahitian immigrants
5. (Languages) a language of Hawaii belonging to the Malayo-Polynesian family
Ha•wai•ian(həˈwaɪ ən, -ˈwɑ yən)
a. a member of the Polynesian people who are the aboriginal inhabitants of the Hawaiian Islands.
b. the Austronesian language of this people.
2. any native or inhabitant of the Hawaiian Islands.adj.
3. of or pertaining to the Hawaiian Islands, their inhabitants, or the language Hawaiian.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Hawaiian - the Oceanic languages spoken on Hawaii|
|2.||Hawaiian - a native or resident of Hawaii|
American - a native or inhabitant of the United States
Native Hawaiian - a member or descendant of the indigenous Polynesian people who lived in the Hawaiian Islands
|Adj.||1.||Hawaiian - of or relating to or characteristic of the state or island of Hawaii or to the people or culture or language|
A. ADJ → hawaiano
B. N → hawaiano/a m/f
1. adj → hawaiano/a
a. (person) → hawaiano/a
b. (language) → hawaiano