hot seat(redirected from Hotseat)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
1. Slang The electric chair.
2. Informal A position in which one is subjected to extreme stress or discomfort, as by excessive criticism.
1. informal a precarious, difficult, or dangerous position
2. US a slang term for electric chair
2. a highly uncomfortable or embarrassing situation.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||hot seat - an instrument of execution by electrocution; resembles an ordinary seat for one person; "the murderer was sentenced to die in the chair"|
instrument of execution - an instrument designed and used to take the life of a condemned person
|2.||hot seat - a difficult position where you are subjected to stress and criticism|