Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Hudson: Henry Hudson
Hud·son(hŭd′sən), Henry Died 1611.
English navigator who, sailing under the Dutch flag, explored what was eventually named the Hudson River (1609). On a later English expedition, he was set adrift in a boat in Hudson Bay by his mutinous crew (1611).
Hudson, William Henry 1841-1922.
British naturalist and writer whose works include Green Mansions (1904).
1. (Biography) Henry. died 1611, English navigator: he explored the Hudson River (1609) and Hudson Bay (1610), where his crew mutinied and cast him adrift to die
2. (Biography) W(illiam) H(enry). 1841–1922, British naturalist and novelist, born in Argentina, noted esp for his romance Green Mansions (1904) and the autobiographical Far Away and Long Ago (1918)
1. Henry, died 1611?, English navigator and explorer.
2. William Henry, 1841–1922, English naturalist and author.
3. a river in E New York, flowing S to New York Bay. 306 mi. (495 km) long.
The Hudson Motor Car Company of Detroit, MI was formed in 1909, and was initially financed by J. L. Hudson of Detroit. In 1954, it combined with Nash to form American Motors.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Hudson - a New York river; flows southward into New York Bay; explored by Henry Hudson early in the 17th century|
|2.||Hudson - English naturalist (born in Argentina) (1841-1922)|
|3.||Hudson - English navigator who discovered the Hudson River; in 1610 he attempted to winter in Hudson Bay but his crew mutinied and set him adrift to die (1565-1611)|