Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Hungarian: Hungarian goulash, Hungarian notation
Of or relating to Hungary or its people, language, or culture.
a. A native or inhabitant of Hungary.
b. A person of Hungarian ancestry.
2. The Finno-Ugric language of the Magyars that is the official language of Hungary.
1. (Languages) the official language of Hungary, also spoken in Romania and elsewhere, belonging to the Finno-Ugric family and most closely related to the Ostyak and Vogul languages of NW Siberia
2. (Peoples) a native, inhabitant, or citizen of Hungary
3. (Peoples) a Hungarian-speaking person who is not a citizen of Hungary
4. (Placename) of or relating to Hungary, its people, or their language
5. (Peoples) of or relating to Hungary, its people, or their language
6. (Languages) of or relating to Hungary, its people, or their language
Hun•gar•i•an(hʌŋˈgɛər i ən)
1. a native or inhabitant of Hungary.
a. a member of the ethnic group that comprises the overwhelming majority of the inhabitants of Hungary, and a significant minority in Transylvania, Slovakia, and adjacent parts of Yugoslavia.
b. the Finno-Ugric language of this group.
3. of or pertaining to Hungary or its inhabitants.
4. of or pertaining to the Hungarians as an ethnic group, or to the language Hungarian.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Hungarian - a native or inhabitant of Hungary |
European - a native or inhabitant of Europe
|2.||Hungarian - the official language of Hungary (also spoken in Rumania); belongs to the Ugric family of languages|
|Adj.||1.||Hungarian - relating to or characteristic of Hungary; "Hungarian folk music"|
người Hungarythuộc nước/người/tiếng Hungary