IPO


Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

IPO

abbr.
initial public offering

IPO

abbreviation for
1. (Stock Exchange) independent publicly owned company
2. (Stock Exchange) stock exchange initial public offering

IPO

initial public offering.

IPO

An acronym for Initial Public Offer. The open sale of shares in a company prior to the company being listed on a stock exchange for the first time.
ThesaurusAntonymsRelated WordsSynonymsLegend:
Noun1.IPO - a corporation's first offer to sell stock to the public
commerce, commercialism, mercantilism - transactions (sales and purchases) having the objective of supplying commodities (goods and services)
Translations

IPO

[ˌaɪpiːˈəʊ] n abbr (STOCK EXCHANGE) (=initial public offering) → OPI f(= offre publique initiale)

IPO

(St Ex) abbr of initial public offeringErstnotiz f (einer Aktie)
References in periodicals archive ?
57 (P/S), reversing the log transformation, we find IPO valuation ratios of second-time IPOs are 36% ([e.
Of the 121 companies that made IPOs in Japan last year, 29 firms, or 24 percent, saw their initial market quotes slip below their respective IPO prices, Tokyo IPO said.
Securities companies set the offering price of an IPO by first determining the fair value based on the PER and other parameters of similar companies.
CCH said that "IPO Vital Signs" analyzes over 200 data elements from every new significant IPO registered with the SEC for its ongoing database.
Early indicators point to the continued emergence of the global IPO market.
About 91% of the IPO represents new shares, and the remaining 9% will consist of existing shares sold by China Life's parent, China Life Insurance (Group) Co.
Case noted that there's a high correlation between the stock market and IPO activity, and with the stock markets depressed, the IPO market has followed.
There are ways get past the IPO velvet rope, however, from buying a mutual fund geared to new issues, to opening an account with an online discount broker who gets a piece of the new-issue action.
IPO Headlines--Breaking news on the IPO market with updates throughout the day.
When an IPO quickly moves to a significantly higher price during its first day on the market, it's natural to wonder if the investment bankers--and the issuing company's officers--didn't misprice the deal.
50 a share, midpoint of the IPO price range, and depending on demand for the extra 2 million shares.
The recap was so successful that two years later, in March 1995, the company finally undertook an IPO, selling 2.