Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A period of mild weather occurring in late autumn.
2. A pleasant, tranquil, or flourishing period occurring near the end of something: the Indian summer of the administration.
1. a period of unusually settled warm weather after the end of summer proper
2. (Physical Geography) a period of unusually settled warm weather after the end of summer proper
3. a period of ease and tranquillity or of renewed productivity towards the end of a person's life or of an epoch
[originally US: probably so named because it was first noted in regions occupied by American Indians]
a period of mild, dry weather sometimes occurring in late October or early November.
A spell of mild weather in the late fall, or period of calmness or prosperity toward the end of something.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Indian summer - a period of unusually warm weather in the autumn|
period, period of time, time period - an amount of time; "a time period of 30 years"; "hastened the period of time of his recovery"; "Picasso's blue period"