infrastructure(redirected from Infrastructures)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia.
1. An underlying base or foundation especially for an organization or system.
2. The basic facilities, services, and installations needed for the functioning of a community or society, such as transportation and communications systems, water and power lines, and public institutions including schools, post offices, and prisons.
1. the basic structure of an organization, system, etc
2. (Economics) the stock of fixed capital equipment in a country, including factories, roads, schools, etc, considered as a determinant of economic growth
in•fra•struc•ture(ˈɪn frəˌstrʌk tʃər)
1. the basic, underlying framework or features of a system or organization.
2. the fundamental facilities serving a country, city, or area, as transportation and communication systems, power plants, and roads.
3. the military installations of a country.
All building and permanent installations necessary for the support, redeployment, and military forces operations (e.g. barracks, headquarters, airfields, communications, facilities, stores, port installations, and maintenance stations). See also bilateral infrastructure; common infrastructure; national infrastructure.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||infrastructure - the basic structure or features of a system or organization|
system - instrumentality that combines interrelated interacting artifacts designed to work as a coherent entity; "he bought a new stereo system"; "the system consists of a motor and a small computer"
structure - the manner of construction of something and the arrangement of its parts; "artists must study the structure of the human body"; "the structure of the benzene molecule"
|2.||infrastructure - the stock of basic facilities and capital equipment needed for the functioning of a country or area; "the industrial base of Japan"|
communication equipment, communication system - facility consisting of the physical plants and equipment for disseminating information
gas system - facility (plant and equipment) for providing natural-gas service
main - a principal pipe in a system that distributes water or gas or electricity or that collects sewage
penal facility, penal institution - an institution where persons are confined for punishment and to protect the public
power grid, power system, grid - a system of high tension cables by which electrical power is distributed throughout a region
public works - structures (such as highways or schools or bridges or docks) constructed at government expense for public use
school system - establishment including the plant and equipment for providing education from kindergarten through high school
sewage system, sewage works, sewer system - facility consisting of a system of sewers for carrying off liquid and solid sewage
transportation, transportation system, transit - a facility consisting of the means and equipment necessary for the movement of passengers or goods
water supply, water system, water - a facility that provides a source of water; "the town debated the purification of the water supply"; "first you have to cut off the water"
โครงสร้างพื้นฐานเช่น ถนน สะพาน
cơ sở hạ tầng
infrastructure[ˈɪnfrəˌstrʌtʃəʳ] N → infraestructura f
n → Infrastruktur f