wharves(redirected from Injuries to Wharves)
Also found in: Legal.
A plural of wharf.
n., pl. wharves (hwôrvz, wôrvz), wharfs, n.
1. a structure built on the shore of or projecting into a harbor, stream, etc., so that vessels may be moored alongside to load or unload or to lie at rest; quay; pier.v.t.
2. to provide with a wharf or wharves.
3. to place or store on a wharf.
4. to accommodate at or bring to a wharf.v.i.
5. to tie up at a wharf; dock.
[before 1050; Middle English (n.); Old English hwearf embankment, c. Middle Low German warf, werf]