jejune(redirected from Jejune (band))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
1. Not interesting; dull: "and there pour forth jejune words and useless empty phrases" (Anthony Trollope).
2. Lacking maturity; childish: surprised by their jejune responses to our problems.
3. Lacking in nutrition: a jejune diet.
[From Latin iēiūnus, meager, dry, fasting.]
1. simple; naive; unsophisticated
2. insipid; dull; dry
3. lacking nourishment; insubstantial or barren
[C17: from Latin jējūnus hungry, empty]
jeˈjuneness, jeˈjunity n
1. lacking interest or significance; insipid: a jejune novel.
2. lacking maturity; childish: jejune behavior.
3. lacking nutritive elements: a jejune diet.
[1605–15; < Latin jējūnus empty, poor, mean]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||jejune - lacking in nutritive value; "the jejune diets of the very poor"|
unwholesome - detrimental to physical or moral well-being; "unwholesome food"; "unwholesome habits like smoking"
|2.||jejune - displaying or suggesting a lack of maturity; "adolescent insecurity"; "jejune responses to our problems"; "their behavior was juvenile"; "puerile jokes"|
immature - characteristic of a lack of maturity; "immature behavior"
|3.||jejune - lacking interest or significance or impact; "an insipid personality"; "jejune novel"|
uninteresting - arousing no interest or attention or curiosity or excitement; "a very uninteresting account of her trip"
1. (Formal) simple, silly, juvenile, naive, pointless, childish, immature, senseless, unsophisticated, puerile They were of great service in correcting my jejune generalizations.