Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Of or relating to Karelia or its people, language, or culture.
1. A native or inhabitant of Karelia.
2. The Finnic language spoken in Karelia.
1. (Placename) of or relating to Karelia, its people, or their language
2. (Peoples) of or relating to Karelia, its people, or their language
3. (Languages) of or relating to Karelia, its people, or their language
4. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Karelia
5. (Languages) the dialect of Finnish spoken in Karelia
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Karelian - a member of the Finnish people living in Karelia in northwestern European Russia|
Karelia - a region in Finland and Russia between the Gulf of Finland and the White Sea
Russian - a native or inhabitant of Russia
|2.||Karelian - a Finnic language spoken by the people of Karelia|
Baltic-Finnic - a group of Finnic languages including Finnish and Estonian