klezmer(redirected from Kletzmer)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
Related to Kletzmer: Klezmer music
n. pl. klez·mo·rim (klĕz′mə-rēm′)
1. The traditional music of the Jews of eastern Europe, played by small traveling bands.
2. A musician in such a band.
1. (Music, other) a Jewish folk musician, usually a member of a small band
2. (Music, other) Also called: klezmer music the music performed by such a band
n., pl. klez•mers, klez•mo•rim (ˌklɛz məˈrim)
1. a Jewish folk musician traditionally performing in a small band.
2. the music performed by klezmers.
[1960–65; < Yiddish]