lockstep(redirected from Lockstep marching)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
Related to Lockstep marching: Lock Step
1. A way of marching in which the marchers follow each other as closely as possible.
2. A standardized procedure that is closely, often mindlessly followed.
1. (Military) a method of marching in step such that the men follow one another as closely as possible
2. chiefly US and Canadian a standard procedure that is closely, often mindlessly, followed
3. in lockstep with progressing at exactly the same speed and in the same direction as other people or things, esp as a matter of course rather than by choice
1. a way of marching in very close file, in which the leg of each person moves with and closely behind the corresponding leg of the person ahead.
2. a rigidly inflexible pattern or process.adj.
3. rigidly inflexible.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||lockstep - a standard procedure that is followed mindlessly; "the union's support had been in lockstep for years"|
|2.||lockstep - a manner of marching in file in which each person's leg moves with and behind the corresponding leg of the person ahead; "the prisoner's ankles were so chained together that they could only march in lockstep"|