Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n. pl. Luba or Lu·bas
1. A member of a Bantu people inhabiting southeast Democratic Republic of the Congo.
2. The Bantu language of this people. Also called Tshiluba.
1. (Peoples) a member of a Negroid people of Africa living chiefly in the S Democratic Republic of Congo
2. (Languages) Also called: Tshiluba the language of this people, belonging to the Bantu group of the Niger-Congo family
n., pl. -bas, (esp. collectively) -ba.
1. a member of an African people of the SE Democratic Republic of the Congo who formed the nucleus of a succession of states in the region from the 17th through the 19th centuries.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Luba - a member of a Bantu people in southeastern Congo|
Belgian Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Zaire - a republic in central Africa; achieved independence from Belgium in 1960
Bantu - a member of any of a large number of linguistically related peoples of Central and South Africa
|2.||Luba - a Bantu language spoken in southeastern Congo|