mocha(redirected from MOCA)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
a. A rich pungent Arabian coffee.
b. Coffee of high quality.
c. A coffee beverage flavored with milk, sugar, and cocoa.
d. A serving of any of these beverages.
2. A flavoring made of coffee mixed with chocolate.
3. A soft, thin, suede-finished glove leather usually made from sheepskin.
4. A dark olive brown.
[After Mocha, a town of southwest Yemen.]
1. (Cookery) a strongly flavoured dark brown coffee originally imported from Arabia
2. (Cookery) a flavouring made from coffee and chocolate
3. (Tanning) a soft glove leather with a suede finish, made from goatskin or sheepskin
a. a dark brown colour
b. (as adjective): mocha shoes.
(Placename) a port in Yemen, on the Red Sea; in the former North Yemen until 1990: formerly important for the export of Arabian coffee. Pop: 14 562 (2005 est)
1. (cap.) Also, Mukha. a seaport in the Republic of Yemen, on the Red Sea. 25,000.
2. a choice variety of coffee, orig. grown in Arabia.
3. a flavoring obtained by blending coffee with chocolate.
4. a brownish chocolate color.
5. a fine grade of soft leather with a suedelike finish.
[1765–75 for definition 2]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||mocha - soft suede glove leather from goatskin|
leather - an animal skin made smooth and flexible by removing the hair and then tanning
|2.||mocha - a flavoring made from coffee mixed with chocolate|
|3.||mocha - a superior dark coffee made from beans from Arabia|
|4.||mocha - a dark brown color|