ABCs(redirected from MSW abc's)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
n. often ABCs
1. The alphabet: learned her ABCs when she was three years old.
2. The rudiments of reading and writing.
3. The rudiments of a subject: taught the ABCs of geometry.
n. (used with a pl. v.)
1. the alphabet.
2. the basic skills of spelling, reading, and writing.
3. the basic facts, principles, or skills of any subject.Also, ABC (for defs. 1,3).
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||ABCs - the elementary stages of any subject (usually plural); "he mastered only the rudiments of geometry"|
basic principle, fundamental principle, fundamentals, basics, bedrock - principles from which other truths can be derived; "first you must learn the fundamentals"; "let's get down to basics"