mazard


Also found in: Thesaurus.

mazard

(ˈmæzəd) or

mazzard

n
1. (Anatomy) an obsolete word for the head, skull
2. another word for mazer
[C17: altered from mazer]
Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
the day began to break, when Jones walked forth in company with the stranger, and mounted Mazard Hill; of which they had no sooner gained the summit than one of the most noble prospects in the world presented itself to their view, and which we would likewise present to the reader, but for two reasons: first, we despair of making those who have seen this prospect admire our description; secondly, we very much doubt whether those who have not seen it would understand it.
Mazard Wallace, behavioral sciences; David Svolba, humanities; and Kisha Tracy, English studies.
a founding partner of the law firm Doyle, Barlow & Mazard, PLLC, located in Washington, D.
a partner with Doyle, Barlow & Mazard PLC and former deputy assistant director in the FTC's Bureau of Competition, says: "Given that Verizon Communications had a preexisting 55 percent controlling interest in Verizon Wireless, buying its remaining 45 percent from Vodafone doesn't seem to change the competitive dynamics in the industry, since it won't change the controlling interest in Verizon Wireless.
Depositions preserve testimony if the department decides to challenge the merger, said Robert Doyle, an antitrust expert with Doyle, Barlow and Mazard.
Even though Delta is buying a minority stake in Virgin, the deal could raise antitrust concerns if the US Justice Department were to determine that it reduced the incentives for the two companies to compete against each other, said Robert Doyle, an antitrust expert with the law firm Doyle, Barlow & Mazard.
Mazard, Corpus Nummorum Numidiae Mauretaniaque (Paris 1955-58) 394-95.
Barlow joined the private practice as an antitrust attorney and worked at a couple of notable Washington, DC law firms as associate and later as partner before co-founding Doyle, Barlow & Mazard PLLC in 2006.
Even if the government determines that certain aspects of the transaction are anti-competitive, the parties will have the opportunity to offer a settlement," said Andre Barlow, a partner at Doyle, Barlow & Mazard LLC in Washington and a former Justice antitrust lawyer.
Antitrust investigations into agriculture are nothing new, according to Andre Barlow, a partner at Doyle, Barlow & Mazard.