meow(redirected from Me-ow)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
1. The cry of a cat.
2. Informal A malicious, spiteful comment.
intr.v. me·owed, me·ow·ing, me·ows
To make the crying sound of a cat.
meow(mɪˈaʊ; mjaʊ) ,
(Zoology) (intr) (of a cat) to make a characteristic crying sound
an imitation of this sound
1. the characteristic sound a cat makes.
2. a spiteful or catty remark.v.i.
3. to make the sound of a cat.
4. to make a spiteful or catty remark.
Past participle: meowed
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||meow - the sound made by a cat (or any sound resembling this)|
cry - the characteristic utterance of an animal; "animal cries filled the night"
|Verb||1.||meow - cry like a cat; "the cat meowed"|