Also found in: Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Unimportant; trivial: "It's a Mickey Mouse operation compared to what goes on in Lyons or Paris" (Jack Higgins).
2. Intellectually unchallenging; simple: His Mickey Mouse assignments soon bored the students.
[After the cartoon character Mickey Mouse, created by Walt Disney.]
adj (sometimes not capitals)
1. ineffective; trivial; insignificant: he settled for a Mickey Mouse job instead of something challenging.
2. (Music, other) chiefly US and Canadian (of music, esp that of dance bands) mechanical or spiritless
[C20: from the name of a cartoon character created by Walt Disney, known for his simple-minded attitudes]
adj. (often caps.)
1. trite; corny: mickey mouse music.
2. petty or trivial: mickey mouse activities.
[1935–40, Amer.; after the animated cartoon character created by Walt Disney]
|Noun||1.||Mickey Mouse - a fictional mouse created in animated film strips by Walt Disney|