missing link(redirected from Missing Links)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A hypothetical primate that is postulated to be the common ancestor from which both humans and nonhuman apes evolved. Not in scientific use.
2. Something lacking that is needed to complete a series.
1. (Palaeontology) the missing link (sometimes capitals) a hypothetical extinct animal or animal group, formerly thought to be intermediate between the anthropoid apes and man
2. any missing section or part in an otherwise complete series
1. a hypothetical form of animal assumed to have been a connecting link between the anthropoid apes and humans.
2. anything lacking for the completion of a sequence.