monotypic(redirected from Monogeneric)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Biology The sole member of its group, such as a single species that constitutes a genus.
2. A unique print made by pressing paper against a painted or inked surface.
mon′o·typ′ic (-tĭp′ĭk) adj.
A trademark for a typesetting machine operated from a keyboard that activates a unit that casts and sets individual characters.
1. (Biology) (of a genus or species) consisting of only one type of animal or plant
2. (Biology) of or relating to a monotype
3. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) of or relating to a monotype