Also found in: Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
My·ce·nae·analso My·ce·ne·an (mī′sə-nē′ən)
1. Of or relating to Mycenae or its inhabitants.
2. Of, relating to, or being the Aegean civilization that spread its influence from Mycenae to many parts of the Mediterranean region from about 1580 to 1120 bc.
3. Of, relating to, or being the archaic dialect of Greek written in the Linear B script.
1. A native or inhabitant of Mycenae.
2. Mycenaean Greek.
1. (Historical Terms) of or relating to ancient Mycenae or its inhabitants
2. (Historical Terms) of or relating to the Aegean civilization of Mycenae (1400 to 1100bc)
or My•ce•ne•an(ˌmaɪ sɪˈni ən)
1. of or pertaining to ancient Mycenae or its inhabitants.
2. denoting or pertaining to the ancient civilization at Mycenae, dating from c2000 to c1100 b.c.n.
a. a native or inhabitant of ancient Mycenae.
b. a Greek of the Mycenaean period.
Belonging to a Bronze Age culture in mainland Greece, the Greek islands, and Asia Minor, centered on the city of Mycenae.
|Adj.||1.||Mycenaean - of or relating to or characteristic of ancient Mycenae or its inhabitants; "Mycenaean bronzes"|