Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A question to be considered, solved, or answered: math problems.
a. A situation, matter, or person that is hard to deal with or understand: was having problems breathing; considered the main problem to be his boss. See Usage Note at dilemma.
b. A personal matter that causes one difficulty or needs to be dealt with: felt her tyrannical boss had deep-seated problems.
3. A misgiving, objection, or complaint: I have a problem with his cynicism.
1. Difficult to deal with or control: a problem child.
2. Dealing with a moral or social problem: a problem play.
1. Used to express confirmation of or compliance with a request.
2. Used to acknowledge an expression of gratitude.