nog(redirected from Nog (Star Trek))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. A wooden block built into a masonry wall to hold nails that support joinery structures.
2. A wooden peg or pin.
1. (Brewing) Also called: flip a drink, esp an alcoholic one, containing beaten egg
2. (Brewing) dialect East Anglian strong local beer
[C17 (originally: a strong beer): of obscure origin]
1. (Building) a wooden peg or block built into a masonry or brick wall to provide a fixing for nails
2. (Building) short for nogging1
[C17: origin unknown]
1. any beverage made with beaten eggs; eggnog.
2. a strong ale formerly brewed in Norfolk, England.
a block of wood, as one in brickwork providing a hold for nails.
[1605–15; perhaps variant of knag, Middle English knagge fastener, peg]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||nog - a wooden pin pushed or driven into a surface|
pin - a small slender (often pointed) piece of wood or metal used to support or fasten or attach things
tent peg - a peg driven into the ground to hold a rope supporting a tent
|2.||nog - a wooden block built into a masonry wall so that joinery structure can be nailed to it|
block - a solid piece of something (usually having flat rectangular sides); "the pyramids were built with large stone blocks"