Nubian(redirected from Nubians)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Of or relating to Nubia or its peoples, languages, or cultures.
1. A native or inhabitant of Nubia.
2. Any of a group of closely related Nilo-Saharan languages spoken in the Sudan. Also called Nuba.
1. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Nubia, an ancient region of NE Africa
2. (Languages) the language spoken by the people of Nubia
3. (Placename) the language spoken by the people of Nubia
4. (Placename) of or relating to Nubia or its inhabitants
5. (Peoples) of or relating to Nubia or its inhabitants
6. informal of or relating to Black culture
Nu•bi•an(ˈnu bi ən, ˈnyu-)
1. a member of any of a group of African peoples of Nubia.
2. a family of Nilo-Saharan languages spoken in the Nile River valley and parts of the Sudan, esp. Darfur province and the Nuba Hills of S Kordofan province.
3. a Nubian horse.adj.
4. of Nubia, Nubians, or the language family Nubian.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Nubian - a native or inhabitant of Nubia; "Nubians now form an ethnic minority in Egypt"|
Nubia - an ancient region of northeastern Africa (southern Egypt and northern Sudan) on the Nile; much of Nubia is now under Lake Nasser
Egyptian - a native or inhabitant of Egypt
adj → nubisch
n → Nubier(in) m(f)