Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. A sphere or spherical object.
a. A celestial body, such as the sun or moon.
b. Archaic The earth.
3. One of a series of concentric transparent spheres thought by ancient and medieval astronomers to rotate about the earth and carry the celestial bodies.
4. A globe surmounted by a cross, used as a symbol of monarchial power and justice.
5. An eye or eyeball.
6. Archaic Something of circular form; a circle or orbit.
v. orbed, orb·ing, orbs
1. To shape into a circle or sphere.
2. Archaic To encircle; enclose.
To move in an orbit.